Being a kid has its benefits. I could create a list that goes on and on about how special it is to be young, but here are at least a few.
1) You’re young and should have a whole lot ahead of you to look forward to.
2) Your ideas are innovative and fresh.
3) Your unique talents and gifts are just being discovered.
4) You’re at an age where the immensity of the world should create a wonder and excitement for learning.
5) It’s just the beginning for all the amazing people you’re going to meet in your lifetime.
Remember life has its ups and downs. Be optimistic and happy about all the things you accomplish each day. Try new activities. Make new friends. Be kind and thoughtful of others. Whether the things you achieve are ordinary to you or extraordinary doesn’t matter. They’re your accomplishments and something to be proud of.
My youngest son loves sports and writing too. Here’s a poem he wrote that I love. Make sure YOU share the the awesome things you create with others. I’m sure there are people out there who can’t wait to hear about it!
The trees danced in the morning light
the bats come out at night
the sun is gleaming through the branches of the trees
the sun was as bright as a lamp
the trees were as brown as a brown crayon
a squirrel was running up and down of a tree like an elevator
the coyote jumped at the squirrel
the coyote was a lion
the coyote was playing with the squirrel
he was playing and accidentally let it go
The coyote started to attack it like a cat attacks a mouse
then all went quiet.